Thursday 18 August 2011

[rspca cupcake day]

So Monday was RSPCA cupcake day.  I found out about it far to late to properly register and fundraise so instead I simply made a donation (and the requisite cupcakes).
I baked them yesterday as it was Brizzy show holiday. Also, on Monday I was still recovering from my overindulgent (and very delicious thank you Al) night before, so my sweet tooth was due for a rest day.
I vote my oven the most unreliable there is.
If you google the brand name, the first sites to pop up are forums of ramblings as to why the oven is so crap - not a good sign.
My little catering wiz of a cousin Tash was very sad to learn this.  Yesterday, however, my oven took it's prozac and my little (betty crocker) vanilla cupcakes turned out a treat so...
I hereby dedicate this batch of cupcakes to Tash.
I added a 1/4 cup of lemon curd to the batter and same to the icing which eased my packet-mix-guilt a little.

Happy Thursday! Jx

P.S. there's still time to donate here!

2 comments:

  1. i love cupcakes. :) great blog chick, absolutely lovely. :)


    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks heavenly! It must have smelled fantastic in your kitchen! Enjoy the fabulous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments.
They truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...