Tuesday 17 July 2012

[dining chair reconnaissance]

Dan's friend bought his first home.
He was over the other night and asked if I would accompany him furniture shopping.
What girl would say no to that!

With a little time on my hands the other day I began investigating looks for his dining space - because I'm pretty sure most men really care about what their dining space looks like.
My first thought - An industrial style with Tolix chairs paired with a lovely wooden dining table to add a little warmth.
They come in so many delicious colours too!
image via Design Manifest

Or there's the more organic look of the mid-century classic Wishbone chair.
(Side-note: enjoying the wall collage)
image via Brown Button
image via Life Interiors

And finally the Eames Shell chair.
I gather he's unlikely to select an array of colours but isn't it a gorgeously unique setting!
image via Relax House
image via Remodelista

This shopping for others could get dangerous.
I'm looking at our own dining space and dreaming of a facelift.
I'm sure Dan wouldn't notice if a few lovely duck-egg blue powder-coated tolix chairs were to magically replace of our white wooden cross-backs!
Jx


2 comments:

  1. All awesome choices - love the mix of different colours with the Eames chairs. And really like the bright yellow Wishbone chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These chairs are too lovely. It's so hard to choose. Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments.
They truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...